Zucchini Quinoa Patties
The zucchini patties have a subtle nutty, crunch from the quinoa. The quinoa provides some protein and fiber to this recipe along with some omega 3 fatty acids. Each serving has 7 grams of protein, counts as 1 ½ carb servings, and has 3 grams of fiber.
- Rinse quinoa in a colander.
- Add quinoa and 1 1/2 c water to saucepan.
- Bring to boil and then simmer, covered on low until water is gone and quinoa is fluffy.
- Take off heat, uncover, and place to the side.
- Use a paper towel to remove any extra moisture from the grated zucchini.
- Heat canola oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add quinoa, zucchini, and remaining ingredients to large bowl and mix together.
- Shape mixture into 1/4 cup patties and carefully place in skillet.
- Cook till golden brown on each side.
- Use cooking spray if pan gets too dry.