Tiramisu, meaning “cheer me up”, is a popular Italian dessert now served at many places in the United States. There are various ways to make Tiramisu and we think you will really enjoy the one here. You have the green light to enjoy this on the renal diet with no guilt!
- Soak Madeleine cookies in coffee for 2-3 seconds and set aside.
- Finely chop the chocolate chips.
- Whisk the sugar and liquid egg together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cream cheese, cool whip, cottage cheese, yogurt, and any remaining coffee until incorporated.
- In a clear serving dish, arrange half of the Madeleine cookies in a single layer.
- Spread on top half of the whipped mixture.
- Sift evenly half of the cocoa powder and sprinkle with half of the chopped chocolate chips.
- Top with the remaining Madeleines and the remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with the remaining cocoa powder and chocolate chips.