Summer Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
You have got to try this sweet, summer treat that your whole family will love! Look for the corn tortillas to reduce sodium. This is a great dessert or snack option that will fit into your renal diet.
- Set your oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Take each tortilla and spray each side with the cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture evenly over both sides of the tortillas.
- Slice the tortillas like a pizza into 4 wedges each.
- Spray a cookie sheet with the cooking spray.
- Spread out the wedges on the cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- The chips are done when they are crispy. If you under cook them, they will be chewy.
- Place the chips to the side to cool.
- Chop by hand or with a food chopper, the strawberries, peaches, and pineapple into small pieces.
- Mix together in a large bowl.
- Pour lemon juice and preserves over fruit and mix thoroughly.