Lemon-Lime Honey Bars
Enjoy this citrus-sweet treat that easily fits into your renal diet. Each bar only has 54 mg of phosphorus, 57 mg of potassium, and 29 mg of sodium. There are 4 grams of protein in each bar. You can boost the protein up even more with some whey protein powder.
- Set the oven to 350°.
- Mix the flour and sugar together.
- Take ½ cup of mixture and set aside to use in the filling.
- Add the oil to the remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Mix in water to make the dough.
- Spray an 8x8 or smaller baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press dough into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in preheated oven.
- Set the crust aside and let cool.
- Beat the eggs, ½ cup dry mixture, lemon juice, lime juice, and honey until smooth. It will be and runny.
- Pour the batter evenly over the crust.
- Place back in the preheated oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into bars.
- Sift or sprinkle a little powdered sugar on the top.