This delightful recipe is loaded with protein and healthy vegetables. Enjoy it for a family dinner or when you have guests. The aroma and taste will remind you of authentic Italy. Pair with a green salad for a fantastic meal anytime.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet or saucepan cook beef, tofu, and garlic until browned, crumbling the mixture as it cooks.
- Drain any excess water or fat.
- Clean and dice peppers, zucchini and tomatoes.
- Add diced vegetables, tomato sauce, and 2 tablespoons italian seasoning to beef mixture and simmer for 45 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix cottage cheese, eggs, remaining 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning and ¼ cup parmesan cheese together.
- Cook lasagna noodles per instructions on package.
- Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick cooking oil.
- Arrange 4 lasagna noodles on bottom of pan, cover with half of cottage cheese mixture, followed by half of the meat sauce, and lastly half of the mozzarella slices- then repeat a second time for next 4 layers.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.