Grilled Sweet Pears
While you have your grill fired up cooking some of your favorites for your family, add this warm, sweet dessert to finish off the meal. Each pear half is about 2 carb servings, provides 3 grams of fiber, and is low in phosphorus, potassium, and sodium.
- Mix apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and honey together in a small bowl.
- Cut pears in half, long ways.
- Remove core and seeds.
- Place each pear face down in a dish.
- Pour ingredient mixture over pears. Cover with lid and place in refrigerator for later.
- Preheat grill.
- Place each pear on grill.
- Pour left over mixture into a sauce pan to heat up.
- Grill pears on low-medium heat until tender.
- Check by piercing with fork.
- Remove pears from heat once done.