Greek Crock-pot Chicken Pitas
This is an easy way to make some tasty low sodium Greek chicken pitas! Each chicken pita is worth 2 carb serving. Plain Greek yogurt was substituted in to add a little more protein.
- In bowl, mix onion, garlic, lemon peel, black pepper, oregano, and allspice.
- Place chicken in crock-pot.
- Sprinkle onion mixture over chicken.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Heat pitas according to package directions.
- Remove cooked chicken and place on a plate.
- Add yogurt to onion mixture and stir.
- Use forks and shred the chicken meat.
- Place a serving of chicken onto the warm pita.
- Using slotted spoon, scoop yogurt/onion mixture onto chicken.
- Add some diced tomatoes and cucumber to the top.
- Serve and enjoy!