This is another recipe from our Southern Cooking section, contributed by a Cincinnati patient’s wife. Enjoy the smell of nutmeg and cinnamon before you even get to eat this wonderful side dish. Bring to a potluck or holiday party, whatever you choose, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- Cut sweet potatoes into thick “steak fry” sections
- Place sweet potatoes in a medium pot on the stove with ½ cup water over medium low heat
- Cover pot and steam potatoes for 15 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and stir
- Continue cooking on low heat with lid for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat, stir and enjoy!
This is a gluten-free vegetarian recipe.
Inspired by a renal patient’s care partner’s recipe.